Sunday, February 19, 2012

Let's Get Classy CIMBA!

I will keep this post relatively short and simply say the first of the official CIMBA formal dinners was fantastic!  The atmosphere was elegant and pretty and the massive amounts of food were absolutely delicious.  Dr. Al definitely gave us all a good taste (hahah!) of what a truly formal, Italian dinner could be like.  Beyond the obviously amazing food and wine, this dinner was about exposing us to a different take on the Italian culture that, as students, we have little experience with.  Even though I can guarantee that I won't be getting tired of pizzeria food anytime soon, I will say that eating wonderfully prepared risotto, ravioli, veal, and artichokes was definitely a wonderful alternative to the cafeteria pasta!

What I found most interesting about that night was how different this situation seemed from other, similar formal dinners I've attended before.  It seemed like a perfect mix of a professional business dinner, a school function, and a wedding - a slightly intimidating combination, especially at first.  However, the longer I was there the more comfortable I felt doing all of the specific things everyone had gone over at the etiquette lesson and when I finally realized I had picked up my wine glass the "proper" way I knew I was fine!

Overall the formal dinner was one of my favorite CIMBA experiences so far.  I can't wait for the next one and I'm guessing (and hoping!) that by that time I won't find the situation intimidating at all!

Here are just a few pictures!

Roomies!
Just a couple Cyclones...



Joey and I 

No comments:

Post a Comment